The San Benito Bank and Trust Company

Chartered in 1908, one year after the founding of San Benito, this institution was started by two brothers, W. Scott Heywood and Alba Heywood. The bank was moved here in 1911 when work was completed on this Spanish Colonial Revival structure. The second floor housed offices and the City Library, organized at this site in 1914. Flags flown from the building warned area farmers of bad weather.

Recorded Texas Historic Landmark 1980

Located at 198 South Sam Houston Blvd. San Benito, Texas

Home