Landrum House

This house stands on the 1781 Concepcion de Carricitos Grant from the King of Spain to Eugenio and Bartolome Fernandez. Acquiring a part of the grant as fee for his legal services to the heirs, Col. Stephen Powers of Brownsville gave the site to his daughter Frances and her husband, James Lambert Landrum. The Landrums, who completed the house in 1902, had daughters: Martha, Pauline and Frances. In 1978 Frances owns and lives in the house.

Located at the intersection of U. S. 281 and FM 2520.

RECORDED TEXAS HISTORIC LANDMARK - 1978

Home